We are very lucky at Woodland as we have so many aspiring Spanish Speakers on our School Staff Team - we use these skills to deliver to all our pupils from Reception to Year 6, a weekly Spanish lesson.
To further support this curriculum enrichment, we also offer throughout the school, family learning opportunities in Spanish. Lots of our families have been part of our Family Spanish Clubs already and have loved learning alongside our very talented children.
We have listed below some of the learning our pupils will encounter this term. They will also come home singing lots of Spanish songs as well - we all enjoy this part of our work and learning in Spanish very much and hope you all will do too!
In the first half term the children in key stage 2 will be learning to do the following:
- Greet others in Spanish
- Reply to the question ¿cómo te llamas?
- Ask someone else what their name is
- Conduct simple conversations using hola, buenos días, adios
- Respond to the question ¿Cómo te llamas ?
- Say and recognise the days of the week
- Join in with the repeated sections of “La oruga muy hambrienta”
- Make plurals of regular , simple nouns
- Say the months of the year with correct pronunciation
- Say which months they do and don’t like
- Ask and say which month their birthday is
- Say and write dates correctly
In the first half term the children in key stage 1 will be learning to do the following:
- To know numbers up to 20
- To know up to 10 colours
- Play simple games of snap and bingo
- Add and take away simple sums
- Know and respond to the following:
- Me llamo….
- Por favor