Admissions for September 2019
If your child is due to start primary school OR transfer from primary to secondary school in September 2019 you can submit your application online using the applications portal.
Further information can be found on the Local Authority Website - http://www.rochdale.gov.uk/schooladmissions
Following a consultation the Local Authority has agreed the application process for community and voluntary controlled schools in the borough of Rochdale, for pupils starting in September 2019.
For community and voluntary controlled schools, the Local Authority allocate places in the following order:
Where a child has a statement of Special Educational Needs naming a specific school, the child will be allocated a place before any other places are allocated.
The remaining applications are considered in the following order of priority:
- Children in the Care of a Local Authority.
- Children with exceptional medical needs or exceptional welfare considerations which are directly relevant to the school concerned.
- Children with older siblings attending the school.
- Children with church affiliation, only applicable to Voluntary Controlled Church of England Schools.
- Children eligible for the service premium.
- Proximity, where you live
PLEASE NOTE, THE LOCAL AUTHORITY ALLOCATE ALL PLACES AT WOODLAND, THE HEAD TEACHER, GOVERNING BODY OR STAFF DO NOT HAVE ANY INVOLVEMENT IN THIS PROCESS
Apllications for Reception and Y7 polaces have now closed - please refer to information via links below if you have missed these deadlines