Woodland Community Primary School admissions fall under Rochdale Local Authority’s agreed admission arrangements.
Following a determination made by the Office of the Schools Adjudicator, the admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled schools in the borough of Rochdale, for pupils starting in September 2022 have been agreed as below.
What is the admission criteria?
For community and voluntary controlled schools Rochdale allocate places in the following order:
Where a child has a statement of Special Educational Needs naming a specific school, the child will be allocated a place before any other places are allocated.
The remaining applications are considered in the following order of priority:
- Looked after or previously looked after children.
- Children with exceptional medical needs or exceptional welfare considerations which are directly relevant to the school concerned.
- Children with older siblings attending the school.
- Children with church affiliation, only applicable to voluntary controlled Church of England schools.
- Children eligible for the service premium.
- Proximity, where you live.