Free School Meals
Free school meals
You may be aware that all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a free school meal.
Your child will receive a 2-course meal one of these options:
- Meat or vegetarian hot meal
- Packed lunch or a jacket potato and salad
- A sandwich with salad and veg plus a dessert
Apply for free school meals
To apply for free school meals:
- You and your child must both live in the borough of Rochdale or the city of Manchester. If you're claiming from an address in the city of Manchester, your child must attend a school in the borough of Rochdale. If you and your child live in any other borough regardless of where they go to school, you should contact your local council to apply instead.
- Complete the free school meals online application form below. Alternatively, you can pick up a paper form from your child's school.
- If we award free school meals for a period you've already paid for, you can request a refund by contacting your school directly.
Applying again for a new school year
You don't need to re-apply for free school meals every year unless your circumstances change.