Roles and Responsibilities
As a school, we are delighted to have appointed our very own 'Digital Leaders' for this academic year.
Year 5 - Laila, Scarlett and Oliver
Year 6 - Matylda and Charlie
A digital leader is a KS2 pupil who is part of a digital leaders’ team within their school, their role is to support the use of technology, particularly iPads across the school. Schools participating in the Rochdale Digital Leaders Programme are supported in various ways as they set up and support a digital leaders’ team. They do a variety of jobs including:
- Support the use of iPads and computers in school to support learning
- Share their skills and expertise with other pupils, classes and teachers.
- Assist teachers and other pupils in understanding coding applications.
- Set up equipment in classrooms for teachers.
- Lead lunchtime or after school computing / iPad clubs.
- Support teachers in using technology in the classroom.
- Share expertise with other schools and at conferences.
- Have a good understanding of how to stay safe with technology and share that with others.
- Provide first line technical support in school.
- Attend training sessions when they are arranged both in and out of school.
As part of this programme, the children will complete half-termly computing challenges and post a blog showing their progress. Our blog can be found by following this link: