The Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice and Support Services (SENDIASS) offer information, advice and support for parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). This service is also offered directly to young people.
Under the Children & Families Act (2014) it is a legal requirement that all Local Authorities have a SEND IAS Service and KIDS provide a number of these services across the country.
Each KIDS SEND IAS Service has a local page with their contact details, local information and local resources.
The service is free, impartial and confidential.
KIDS SENDIASS have developed resources providing information and advice for parents, carers, professionals and young people.
KIDS SENDIASS also have a dedicated YouTube channel that provides free information and training webinars as well as region-specific content where KIDS host a SEND IAS Service.
Information Advice and Support provider:
Rochdale SEND Information, Advice, and Support Service
What Do We Offer?
- We offer confidential, impartial and free information, advice and support to disabled children and young people, or children and young people up to the age of 25 who have or may have Special Educational Needs, and their parents.
- We offer information, advice and support in matters relating to Education, Health or Social Care provision.
- We can provide support over the phone, via email and in person, and support at meetings
- We provide information through a helpline, factsheets and links to a range of support networks and organisations via our website and Facebook group.
- We offer drop in sessions for young people and parents throughout the year including evenings
Barnardo’s Rochdale SENDiass
Blue Pit Mill,
Floor 2 Suite 2 Queensway,
Facebook - www.facebook.com/groups/1414418701951011/