Parent Plus Parenting when separated programme
Families going through separation can experience increased isolation and conflict. With our Parenting When Separated Programme, you can help parents to personally cope, and to co-parent effectively, to ensure their children cope and thrive.
This programme is practical, solution-focused and draws on parents strengths. It is suitable for professionals including therapists, teachers and social workers to teach parents who are preparing for, going through or have gone through a separation or divorce. It is flexible and can be delivered over 6-12 weeks in small groups or with individuals.
By training as a facilitator of this programme, you will learn how to support parents to:
- Solve co-parenting problems in a positive way which focuses on the needs of their children
- Create practical arrangements for children that minimise stress and conflict
- Improve communication with their children and with their children’s other parent
- Cope with the emotional impact of separation and learn stress management techniques
- Help their children cope emotionally with the separation
- Deal with the challenges of lone parenting or being a ‘live away’